Tuesday, October 1, 2013

READ YOUR FOOD LABELS!!

Hey everyone, I have to say I was feeling a little unsettled yesterday.

First, this whole government shut down thing is a bit disturbing.  I hope to raise my children with a work ethic that involves working through your differences, and achieving a common goal;  to compromise, to take the higher road, and to trust that God will provide and protect.  I hope my children work hard not simply for wealth but for their passions, and to truly make a difference in this world.  So my prayers are with our leaders today, that they come to a decision, and that greed and selfishness, can be put aside.

Second, my family cooks on Sundays.  We prepare our meals for the week so eating out does not become an option.  I feel good about eating healthy and providing this for my family.  SOOO, I found a recipe for portabellos stuffed with spinach. Simple right?  The recipe called for bread crumbs.  Well, being Italian, my mother always used Progresso Bread Crumbs.  Therefore, I bought these bread crumbs.  As I was about to put the mushrooms in the oven, I wanted to see what spices they had used in the bread crumbs.  BAD IDEA.  I read the food label, went to the pantry and immediately threw out 2 cans of the bread crumbs...after some expletives of course.  The second ingredient was HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.  Seriously?!  What the ????  I'm still so upset about this.

People, WE ARE GETTING POISONED BY OUR FOOD!  I can not stress this enough.  We have to take action.  Read your labels, stay FAR, FAR away from GMO's, start cooking at home, eat things that rot, dont eat things that have a shelf life of years, NO processed foods, no microwave popcorn, no farmed salmon, no fruits with pesticides, no artificial sweeteners, and ON and ON and ON.

Quite daunting isn't it?   Please let us help you if you are confused or just need some guidiance.  We have elimination diets, food allergy testing, vegan diet options, etc.  We have to educate ourselves for our families and children.

Finally, on a positive note.  I will be attending KinetaCore's Dry Needling Course this weekend.  It is an extensive course on dry needling and Total Health Solutions will be offering this as a service to all of our patients starting mid October.  This treatment is excellent for chronic pain, trigger points, referral pain, tight muscles, trauma etc.  I will post later about the details.

TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR HEALTH TODAY!

Sincerely,

Dr. Courtney Conley
Chiropractor Golden CO, Idaho Springs, CO

No comments: