Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Engine 2 Challenge: LETS EAT PLANT STRONG

Hey everyone, and welcome summer!!

My family and I just returned from a week of hiking, biking, and exploring western Colorado.  We visited Telluride and Ouray, Colorado and in my opinion, the most beautiful places in Colorado.  It was awesome to spend a week off with my family, and resting....yes, Dad, I did relax and I could have used another week:)  My daughter loved the gondola in Telluride and sleeping in between my husband and I.

On the last day of vacation, we drove through Montrose, CO and stopped at.... SONIC.  I hate this place btw, but I ordered a chocolate banana milkshake.  The first taste was sinful, I told myself, one sip baby, one sip, and after I sucked mine down and Shawn's and the rest of Addi's, I was COMPLETE.  I was so sugared up, I felt like I was in heaven..... for maybe.....2 hours.  THEN......the stomach pains hit, and then it was all over.  I WAS DONE.  I had not eaten dairy for months, I indulged and I paid the price.. BIG TIME.

So, it was the perfect segue for my 28 day challenge!!!!!

Welcome to  DAY ONE of the 28 day challenge with Engine 2.  I am more than thrilled to be on this PLANT STRONG journey.

I am participating in this challenge for several reasons.  I am extremely confident, after reviewing all of the research, that a PLANT STRONG diet, is all we need.: all we need to REVERSE heart disease, eliminate diabetes, lose weight and get off medications.

We are in a DISEASE care system, not a health care system.  I will be starting a lecture series in September to walk all of us through this journey.  Please read the following:

THE CHINA STUDY
MY BEEF WITH MEAT
WHOLE

This will be a good place to start and you will be educated on the path that Total Health Solutions is taking.

More info to come, but as for this challenge, I promise to blog my diet and exercise protocol.  I want to be held accountable for what I am teaching.

Day ONE:

 Breakfast:  Addi and  I woke up and had a breakfast of gluten free oats, almond butter, bananas and agave nectar.  She asked for seconds.  She's two.

Lunch: Garbanzo and black beans, rice, avocado and salsa.

Snack:  Apples

Went to my cousins to say hello, and had 2 beers:)  Yes, folks, I am being honest here.  And they were a solid IPA and delicious.

 I am not promising perfection here, just honesty.

Dinner:  Grilled sweet potatoes, eggplant, and tofu marinaded in low sodium tamari and natural sriracha.

Exercise for the day:
Interval biking, 30 minutes.  Incline, sweat alot....my favorite way to detox.
Upper body workout: bicep curls, tricep extensions standing on a theraband disc
Core:  Planks, side bridges, bridges
Sauna:  Yoga stretches, warrior poses.

Whole workout:  1 hour and 20 minutes.

I am so excited about this challenge, I will posting food, exercises, recipes etc.  If you have any questions, please call or email @ spineandfootcare@gmail.com, 303.278.2623


Proverbs 21:5  The plans of the diligent lead to profit, as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Lets plan these 28 days, we will all profit:)

Yours in health,

Dr. Conley
Chiropractor,  Golden, Colorado

No comments: