Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 9 of eating PLANT STRONG

Wednesday.

So today has been 1 week, and I weighed in on the Tanita body composition scale at our office.

Initial weight 135lbs with a body fat % of 22.1

Weight 133.4
Body fat  19.5%

Lean body mass, that is the goal.  So I'm pretty happy with WEEK ONE.  I typically feel best around 133-135 lbs.  So as far as weight loss, we're set.

For all of you doing this challenge, that would like some personal consult, please call me or email me and I can help guide through this.

Moving on to exercise, we did a double dip today.

Gym at 6 AM.  My midback has been a little achy lately, so I knew it was time for a back workout.  Warm up on the bike, quick intervals, 10 minutes, just enough to get going.  I love the Cybex machine at the Golden Recreation Center.  For those of you unfamiliar, it is the pulley system.  Your core MUST be engaged when using this machine because you are standing.  I like to put the theraband discs under my feet to increase the difficulty of the exercises as it makes for an unstable surface and challenges the core even more.  Rows, bicep curls, posterior deltoid work, shoulder extensions.

I do not like sitting on the machines at the gym.  As soon as you sit, the core can get lazy.

So upper body weight lifting workout, and then sauna for 10 minutes.

Breakfast:  Ezekiel cereal, cinnamon raisin, with added cinnamon and almond mild

Lunch: leftover polenta stacks. Again, if you haven't tried the walnut sauce, TRY IT.  It's the best.

Snack: Peach

Done with work early, so came home, and jumped on Green Sugar.  (Green Sugar is my lime green cannondale, she's my baby)  So it was a beautiful day, and I biked around Golden, CO, about 12 miles.  40 minutes.  Not bad, little quickie.

Met my girlfriend at Mountain Toad Brewery.  Love this place, lots of locals hang out there, and sit outside and enjoy a beer.  I had a beer, and biked home.

My little girl greeted me when I got home, which honestly is the best thing ever:)

Dinner:  Bean soup, grilled vegetables  ( asparagus, squash, zucchini)  Shawn made his homemade guacamole too;)

Dessert: Dark chocolate with salt, and almonds.  I could've eaten the whole damn bar, but Shawn beat me to it.  So good.

Congrats everyone, who is doing the challenge.  It is a lot of planning, and is a CHALLENGE.

I'm so proud of all of you, and I hope to continue to help you on this journey to better health.

Love,

Dr. Conley
Chriorp

No comments: