Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Day 8 of the Challenge

I love Tuesdays.  It's mother/daughter day on Tuesdays.  I get to spend the whole day with my sweet thing.  I will admit I am more tired Tuesday nights than most however.  Especially today, we are potty training.  The pediatrician mentioned letting her run around the house with no diaper on, and then when she has to go, she'll tell me and we'll go in the 'big girl potty'.  Well, that was a horrible idea.  I felt like I had a puppy today.  She did her business on the floor, and then came over to tell me.    AWESOME.

But I do in a weird way, cherish these moments with her.  She's growing up so fast.

On to the challenge!!!!!

Awesome day today. First, I took my first Zumba class with my cousin today at the Golden Rec Center.  We had a ball, Kris Briganti, the instructor, is incredibly fun and we had a great workout.  I was honestly surprised, I didn't think that it would make me sweat like it did, but I was wrong.  So ladies, please come join me next Tuesday at 9 am.  This could become a regular thing:)

Also, we went on a 3 mile walk.  No workout yesterday, so today I needed to step up a bit.

I also do most of my cooking on Tuesdays.

Breakfast:  Easy, Ezekiel toast with tomatoes and avocado, salt and pepper before Zumba

Lunch: Tofu, broccoli, snap pea stirfry.  I used frozen vegetables, took 10 minutes.  Most frozen fruits and vegetables are processed immediately after being harvested, when they're at their peak ripeness and most nutrient packed.   So eat up!

Frozen fruits are great in juices too.

Dinner:  Really excited about dinner tonight.  I made Dr. Seuss'' Polenta Stack.  This is a recipe from My Beef with Meat, the book by Rip Esselstyn. This was fantastic.  A stack of polenta, sweet potato, tomato slice, basil-lemon drizzle and a walnut sauce in between each layer of the stack.

The walnut sauce was SO simple, and delicious.  Food processor, walnuts, low sodium tamari, 4 garlic cloves and water until consistency you prefer.  This sauce can be put on kale, chard etc.

I also made a 10 bean soup on the crock pot all day.  Very easy, 10 different types of beans, soaked overnight.  Put in crock pot with tomatoes, garlic, water and spices.  Lunch for the family for this week.

I am craving something sweet, so I think tomorrow I am going to make some vegan cookies.....

Keep you posted, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats:)

Have a good night, and please comment your thoughts.   Would love to hear from all of you.

Dr. Courtney Conley
Chiropractor, Golden, CO

No comments: