Thursday, July 25, 2013

Days 10-17 of the Plant Strong Challenge!!!

I haven't forgot!!!  Wow, my apologies, for the lack of blogging.  I'm going to give you a quick synposis of the last week.

My husband and I recently found a place to move.  Our 2 year old is EVERYWHERE and we need more space.  We have been looking for a place in North Golden, and by the grace of God, and through some thoughtful friends, we are moving.  SOON.

So anyway, that't that. Moving on to the challenge.  Brief recap, we went camping over the weekend.  Grilled vegetables, quinoa salad with peas, garlic, onions and spinach.  Kale salad with brussel sprouts.  Not bad for a little camping trip.  I made a VEGAN chocolate cake too.  And it was delicious!

The icing was cacoa, tofu, cashews, agave nectar, and vanilla in a food processor,  It was more than easy and it tasted really good.  The cake has applesauce, bananas, oat flour, spelt flour, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, cacoa, almond milk.  NO oil, or butter.  I topped it with raspberries and blackberries.  Yum.

Easy to exercise in the mountains.  Hiking, biking.  Kids love it too.  We we're in Poudre Canyon and it was beautiful, just outside Fort Collins.

Today is Thursday, the week has been uneventful other than the fact we have made some quick decisions on moving.  However, the plant strong diet has seen more eating out due to the "craziness" of schedules.  So the good news, is that it isn't hard to eat plant strong out if you find the right places, the bad news, is there is probably more sodium than you'd like.

SO weigh in yesterday.

Weight increased 3 lbs this past week to 136.1 lbs.
Body fat % however decreased to 18.5.

I have been doing more weight lifting, squats, lunges etc. and remember muscle weighs more than fat so.......

Okay, I will blog tonight about today's events.   I also have some exciting news, so stay tuned:)

Take responsibility for your health,

Dr. Courtney Conley
Chiropractor, Golden, CO

No comments: