Sunday, July 14, 2013

DAY 5 of the Engine 2 Challenge

It's the weekend!!  I didn't cook at all today, crazy busy running around getting ready for a wedding tonight.  So we ate out, and it's good to know that there are many options even when dining out to eat healthy.

So, Shawn, Addi and I went out to breakfast to the Golden Diner.  We saw some of my patients there, I love this town.

Breakfast:  Egg white veggie omelete  (spinach, peppers, onion, tomatoes) with a side of avocado.  Black beans ordered instead of home fries.

We went to the farmers' market, and bought a ton of veggies and fruit.  The Golden market is fantastic.  Be aware here though, a lot of the stands are NOT organic.  You should ask questions when purchasing the fruits and vegetables..What is used on their crop etc.

Lunch: Ali Baba in Golden. This place rocks.  Veggie platter to include hummus, baba ganoush, rice, tabbouleh, salad, falafel.

So off to a wedding.   We had a wonderful time, and it was an incredible evening.  Thank you Linda and Tim Goymerac for including us.

So, dinner at a wedding...Appetizers of fruit and cheeses.  I had the fruit.  And wine.  I had wine.

Dinner was a little more difficult. Shawn said the food was fantastic, and I was a little bummed because it did look very good but I had salad, veggies etc.  It was certainly doable.  Shawn had chicken and prime rib.  He was sure to let me know how happy he was not to be eating my lentil loaf.  He'll get over it:)

Exercise:

Interval running.  Uphill/speed.
Core workout.
Sauna 20 minutes, hot yoga.

90 minute workout.

Have a great weekend.

Dr. Conley
Chiropractor, Golden CO



No comments: